The Fraternity is a volunteer-run organization, and we all depend on each other to have dynamic and successful activities and communication. We’re all busy… but if you can choose just one way to become involved, you won’t regret it. There are an endless number of ways each member can help…
- Volunteer to be on the greeting committee to meet and orientate new members and guests at our monthly meetings. Even just making it a point to introduce yourself to two new people at every meeting helps everyone have a positive experience.
- Help out with the running of the movie nights. We need members to help pick up tickets on Friday afternoons, greet guests at the show and help save seats.
- Write an article for the newsletter or web site. Sharing your own personal views and insights with the group helps us all see the world in a different way.
- Let the board know if you have any special skills that might help in running the group. Accounting? Legal? Stamp-licking? Web site programming? Public speaking? Martha Stewart impersonations?
- Invite fellow members into your home to host a potluck brunch or evening cocktail reception. These events are always a big hit with the members and VERY much appreciated!
- Volunteer to help with phone duties. If a handful of people would each phone a few members, we could quickly communicate with members who can’t access the web site for up-to-date information.
- Take digital photos at any Fraternity or related community event for inclusion in our group correspondence. (The Webmaster puts in a special plea here for help!)
- Join a committee! Whether your interest is with helping to choose our guest speakers, planning the next tremendous business or social event, or representing our group in the community, every activity we do is only as good as the dedication behind it.
- And Woody Allen said it best… “showing up is 80 percent of life”. Not only do we want your company, but your consistent attendance at the monthly meetings helps us meet our catering quotas… a problem in the past that has drained our finances without benefit to the group. So, even if all you do is show up… THANK YOU!
To volunteer right now, contact us!
Click here for descriptions of our Board positions.